Tuesday, April 2, 2013

In which I search for nursery fabric and find a new dress

It's getting close to Little Girl's first birthday and time to start thinking about redoing her room in a more "grownup" theme. Big Girl got yellow walls and bright flowers. Later, we incorporated all the old decor into her second big girl room at the new house.

During painting. This is pre-new windows and new bed.

Little Girl's room is a sage green and we are staying with that color (this paint story deserves its own post!) I want to do some vintage Dick and Jane type accents. While browsing for fabric I came across this dress pattern.

Love it. I wish I had the courage to dress like this every day. (What do you think complements it best, pillbox hat or victory roll?)

I did not, however, find fabric, but at least I have a new dress project when I finish my works in progress and therefore lift my self-imposed new material ban.*

I can't wait.

*I did make an honest effort to search my stash for the vintage fabric first. I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment