Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Week of 4/5-4/11 and rambling about siding and shutters

$35.51 Meijer
$8.87 Kroger
$3.98 CVS (milk)
$58.52 Aldi
     =
_______
$106.88

Menu includes:
Mini pizzas (already ate these)
Red beans and rice (already ate this)
Pizza pasta with salad
Fish tacos with some veggie (broccoli maybe?)
Garlic lime chicken (never guess where I got this recipe...Saving Dinner of course)
Mustard pork chops (Saving Dinner basics)
Regular tacos (for small group which I believe it's my turn to cook for)

**Sorry, Grammar Police, for ending a sentence (actually a fragment) with a preposition. I promise not to haphazardly split my infinitives next. Except I just did.**

I don't really know what's wrong with me, whether it's the warm weather or what, but I have just not been that into cooking lately, especially when it involves turning on an oven. Plus, I'm a little discouraged by the fact that I had to go to four stores this week. Several nights this week, I have just wanted to have a peanut butter sandwich and call it good.

At least our house is starting to look good on the exterior. The bathroom window has been taken out and siding put up where it once was. The master bath didn't have any kind of device for bathing oneself, so we are putting in a shower now that there is a wall instead of a gigantic window there.

I'm trying to decide what color I want the shutters. Our siding will be a biscuit color so probably something fairly neutral like brown.

There's a house I saw and love that's all white siding (ranch style) with green shutters and a long porch. I wish we could have green shutters but that wouldn't really go with red brick. So brown it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment