Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Adventure breakfasts

Lately Big Girl and I have been having Adventure Breakfasts. Little Girl gets them too, but the whole adventure concept is probably lost on her.

Rules are simple: each morning is a new surprise menu and you can only fall back on cereal once a week. This week we have had smoothies and scrambled eggs with shredded Parmesan (Monday) and gluten-free hot cereal with raisins and brown sugar (Tuesday). Insert fruit as available.

Tomorrow's surprise will be pineapple coconut yogurt and some leftover biscuits I served with potato soup earlier this week. 

It has been a fun experiment so far, a way to use up some of the things I had in the pantry or fridge, and a nice change from rice and corn cereal. Let's face it, those get so old after awhile.

She doesn't know it yet, but Big Girl gets a turn to plan the menu next week. I'll have to okay it, of course, and I'll end up doing a lot of the preparation but I think it will be fun for her to play chef for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment