Saturday, July 27, 2013

See me. See me decorate.

I'm changing Little Girl's room from a nursery replete with sheep to a big girl room. Where did the time go? Sob...

(Actually, I'm quite pleased at having reached the toddler stage of life as I highly prefer it to the newborn stage.)

Anyway, I'm decorating with a Dick and Jane theme. I made a wreath out of a 50's math textbook here:


I also wanted to use some vintage flashcards as decoration. However, at $1 each, this wasn't something I wanted to purchase in large quantity. Also, finding the right words to spell out phrases was a challenge.

So I did what any cheapskate would do: made my own. I bought a 25 cent sheet of posterboard, sprayed it with a tea solution to "age" it, printed the words I wanted with 100 point  typewriter look alike font, traced them onto a piece of 3.5"x10" posterboard and colored in with a black marker.

For a quarter plus a little time:


The perfectionist in me wants to redo them and why not for as cheap as they are?

No comments:

Post a Comment