Friday, March 29, 2013

Menu plan for 3-29 to 4-4

My favorite cookbooks of all time.

So here's the menu plan for the week:

Last week several meal plans got changed. We had a couple of sandwich and/or leftover nights that I didn't actually "cook" dinner.

Friday night: Sausage and tomato pasta (from Saving Dinner by Leanne Ely)

Saturday lunch: Leftovers and or/sandwiches

Saturday dinner: Pork fried rice (carry over from last week)

Sunday lunch (eat out or leftovers) Being Easter, I'm not sure what restaurants will be open so either way, I'm prepared.

Sunday dinner: Pizza We are getting together with some family that evening and they are ordering pizza so I'm bringing some little frozen Glutino pizzas. I was NOT a fan of the Trader Joe's so I'm glad I did a trial run last weekend. Also, I am contributing the dessert to this gathering: the ubiquitous "flourless chocolate cake". I might make something else for the gluten-eating contingent but it kind of stinks when you can't sample your own baking before putting it out there for consumption.

The flourless cake (more like brownies) recipe is all over the internet in variations and I can't remember where I initially found it but this one is most like it:

Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe at Epicurious.com

I add a teaspoon of vanilla to mine and my recipe says to bake at 300 rather than 375 but I notice I always have to bake it longer so I'll try the higher temp.

Monday dinner: Mexican cheese soup This is a random recipe from a fundraiser book. This soup mostly consists of opening cans and therefore feels like cheating but Monday will be a busy day so I'm taking it.

Tuesday dinner: Stroganoff Finally making this. I think this has been in the rotation for a good three weeks now. This will be the week it gets made!

Wednesday dinner: Hash brown quiche (from another of the Saving Dinner author's cookbooks)

Thursday dinner: Garlic lime fish (from Saving Dinner)

Veggies are non specific to meals, except the avocado which goes with the Mexican soup. I got carrots, broccoli, salad, spinach, peas, cauliflower and zucchini.

Breakfast is cereal and yogurt with frozen fruit. I might make some gluten free pancakes to have for a couple of meals.

Lunch is leftovers or sandwiches, same as last week.



Cost breakdown:

$16 at Meijer
$83 at Aldi





No comments:

Post a Comment