Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Mrs. Cheapskate in the Nursery with a Lint Roller

Alternately titled "There's More Than One Way to Vacuum a Floor"

We have exactly one carpeted area in our house: a big area rug in the nursery. For this reason, I don't really have a need for an elaborate vacuum. I've been using my 9 year old one for awhile with no problems but over the past few months it has had several issues. I have a little handheld vacuum that's better at picking up crumbs on hardwood and tile.

So what to do when the vacuum breaks? I've already called around for repairs and it turns out they are about twice the original cost of the vacuum itself.

Menards, usually weekly, has items that are free after rebate. One such item a few months back was lint rollers. For some unknown reason, I bought three. If it can serve some remote purpose, and it's free, I figured why not? Although, let's be honest: with an 8 month old, lint is hardly my issue.

Today I found a great use for those free lint rollers. Although I'm definitely in the market for a basic vacuum now.

Has anyone else found a great alternate use for a product? Also, what vacuum would you recommend for a 10x8 area?

No comments:

Post a Comment