Sunday, May 5, 2013

Gluten-free Pit



I wanted to play a game with the Big Girl tonight but I am SO sick of Princess Monopoly and Connect Four. I found the game Pit but it is recommended for ages 8 and up.

Considering how much she loves Go Fish, I got the bright idea to take four of each kind of grain, leave the Bull and Bear as wild cards, and play that way. It was a good reading and number recognition lesson. Plus, Little Girl got a real kick out of playing with the bell, keeping her distracted long enough for a game.

I find it a little strange to own this game, considering my grain restrictions. As we played, I cataloged all the grains: Barley (no), Oats (only certified GF), Wheat (uh, no). Hay (I'm not sure this is meant for humans in general).

When she went to take her bath, Big Girl looked at me and said "My tummy hurts because I drew the wheat card." Nice try, dear, but I don't think anyone is that sensitive.

 I am half tempted to make a GF version of Pit featuring quinoa, teff, and rice. Kidding of course. A new project is just what I need. Instead, I guess I'll iron clothes and mop the floor.



No comments:

Post a Comment