Saturday, May 4, 2013

May goals


My goals:

1. Be more up to date on current events
2. Shop my craft closet
3. Organize our medical history
4. Make more of my own bath products
5. Be better about grocery budgeting
6. Organize my recipes and menu plan
7. Learn how to take good pictures

and ongoing: 


Read one fiction and one non-fiction book a month
Complete one major renovation project a month





So I said I would be back tomorrow and I am...if you consider "tomorrow" to be a term that loosely defines anything between 24 hours and one week.

We just got back from a road trip and during the approximately 26 hours we were on the road I think I met my reading quota for May, June and July. But I still want to try and read two additional books anyway. Overachiever here.

My goals for the house are to finish laying the floor (!!) and I would love to paint my dining room. We removed a damaged chair rail and patched the holes (of which there were many) about half a year ago. All that remains is sanding the patching job and painting so maybe when my floor is finished I can be single minded about getting that done.

I think I want to tackle the medical history this month. We have several doctor appointments coming up, plus Big Girl starts Kindergarten this year, so I think it would be helpful to have this organized soon.

Although this is a yearlong to-do list, I only made myself 7 monthly goals, not counting the ongoing ones, and I did two of them in one month in April. I think this is good because it leaves room to play catch up and also gives my list a chance to evolve and grow where necessary. I was thinking about adding on another item for consideration down the line: organizing my closet. Now that I'm out of the weird cycle of pregnancy-weight gain-birth-weight loss-baby spitting up constantly, I need to go through and see what fits and works for my present lifestyle. I tried to put away all my winter clothes the other day, only to have to pull them all back out. Hopefully by June this will not be an issue.


No comments:

Post a Comment