Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Honey, do we have any 5/16ths drill bits?

This has been the week of "finish up" projects. By the weekend I hope to have all the flowers planted and the majority of my yard landscaped (my big project for the month). Also, mental note to self to organize medical records.

In addition to my big projects, I've been focusing on finishing up those little projects that need just one more thing.

For example:

See my walls? This is on the short term to do list. I have the paint and everything.


I got this dresser for $15 at a yard sale. It's a nice solid wood one. Unfortunately, it's so old that they don't make handles that fit it anymore.

This is why I wanted new handles:


If these were metal, they would be fine, albeit a little banged up. However, they were some weird plastic-y thing and some of them were warped.

So I bought knobs when Menards had some ridiculously low not-quite-free-but-almost rebate:


However, as so often happens, it was a straightforward project that went all wrong. First, the holes were too small (hence the above referenced phone call to my husband at work), then I drilled them too big, necessitating wood putty. Finally, I learned that I had five of one finish and one of a similar but different finish. So it's back to Menards I go. Fortunately I have errands in the area and I might be able to just do an even exchange rather than paying the $2.79 full price. Oh well, it beats paying $2.79 per knob I suppose. I'm just glad they still have them in stock.


No comments:

Post a Comment