Friday, May 17, 2013

Keep Calm and Limp Along



Last week I abandoned all thoughts of getting my dining room ready for painting. Seventy degrees? Yes, please.

So I decided to plant some flowers in the backyard. Side note: I discovered I have a chipmunk who has burrowed a hole under my garden. This in turn has attracted the neighbor's cat who I think has permanently terrorized the poor chipmunk.

Anyway, back to last week: I had gotten out my garage sale wagon to load it up with mulch and plants, but as I went to put it away when I finished, the garage door stuck. I reached up to pull it down, tripped, stepped on a nail, and therefore ended my brief but illustrious career in gardening (for a few days at least).

Thankfully I had gotten a tetanus shot recently and was able to keep myself and my five year old calm, no small feat considering her empathy toward anyone bleeding or hurt in any way. Also thankfully, the baby slept through everything.

But don't my flowers look nice?







No comments:

Post a Comment