Thursday, June 20, 2013

Eating an elephant one bite at a time

I'm feeling overwhelmed this week. It's not that I'm doing that much, it's just a combination of having been sick + keeping a to-do list with 100 tiny tasks on it. 

I know moms are supposed to be blessed with superhuman multitasking ability but I guess that superpower skipped me. I would much rather work on one thing until done and then start another. But life doesn't give me that luxury.

So today and hopefully by the end of this weekend, my elephant consists of the following:

1. Finish my sister's housewarming present and mail
2. Sew in a million ends on a scrap yarn afghan I made for church
3. Frost cupcakes
4. Pack a picnic lunch for tomorrow
5. Do something with the flowers that I brought home from the garden center well over two weeks ago. Fortunately we've had enough rain they have been thriving in their pots.
6. Go to the grocery store and replace the tomatoes, cottage cheese, and whipping cream I need for meals this week that molded when left in my 80+ degree van overnight.
7. Pick up an item I bought on a Craigslist-ish Facebook site
8. Put out an item I sold on the aforementioned site for pickup
9. Make lemonade (since life didn't give me any lemons, I had to buy them at the store)
10. Have my husband bring in the huge bucket of joint compound I bought and patch the dining room walls (round two).
11. Fill out paperwork for an upcoming doctor's appointment
12. Mix up a batch of homemade Pamela's baking mix*

*after declaring my undying love, I found a copycat recipe online that, while good, is not the original. However, I can't beat the 75% off price and will continue to mix my own since I bought all the ingredients already.

On the plus side, today I have already:

1. Bought joint compound
2. Baked cupcakes
3. Mopped the kitchen floor
4. Finished grocery shopping for the week (at least I thought...)
5. Procured a couple of addresses I've been needing
6. Helped Big Girl clean her room
7. Washed two loads of laundry 
8. Played with the kids on the swingset

So if I'm not around much this weekend I'll be busy eating my elephant.

No comments:

Post a Comment