Saturday, June 1, 2013

Project updates: May

So good news first.

Remember this?







No? Maybe because I never showed it to anyone unless I had to. Well, I remember it well. I lived with it for well over a year. This is two walls in the same room (former home of the rust colored indoor/outdoor carpet). One is a weird mottled white and the other is orange with sponge painting and white residue (wallpaper? joint compound? No one knows for sure.)

Well, that bit of strangeness now looks like this:




It still needs baseboards and furniture, but it feels good to cross 95% of this room off my list. That little bumped out place in the first "after" picture was water damaged so that had to be replaced. And that door in the background of picture two was completely messed up. It was painted a bright yellow and was cracking at the insets. It took me a good four hours to restore it to a plain old white door.

I'm a little embarrassed that it took six months to get this far but that's what happens when you have two kids, one full time job, church stuff, car trouble, holidays, and other house repair issues cropping up. We have learned to work in spurts with a few weeks off in between to catch up on life.

More good news: The planting is about half done. I have done two of the four flower beds and semi-landscaped the hill (it's kind of a terrace, I guess?) I still have the one big flower bed in the back of the house and a little one behind the garage. I'm transplanting some hostas that overran one of the flower beds and finishing up with some bright colored annuals.

Okay, so the bad news and it's really not that bad. I didn't organize the medical records. At all. I took a handful of folders up to my bedroom one night and left them on my nightstand for a couple of days. After which I returned them to the file cabinet. This is why I go easy on myself when I set goals.

So June: finish the gardening stuff, organize the medical records, and start a new big project. Not sure what yet. Obviously I'm very concerned.

Oh, and I did read two books this month but I'll write about those in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment