Saturday, August 31, 2013

Happy birthday to meeeee, my dining room is done!

Well, almost. I need to sell this table and chair (plus the other three that go with it that I felt it was superfluous to photograph). Then I need to hang curtains, pictures, and return the tools to the garage. Believe it or not, I don't plan to accessorize with an electric drill and a bucket of drywall compound.









These two cross-stitch pictures were made by a family member and handed down from my mom to me for Christmas last year. I need to cut some mats using a mat cutter I was able to borrow from a church friend.





However. I'm super excited that the painting portion of this room is done. We have some kid free time coming up soon and I plan to use that to finish the little odds and ends. Because nothing says "happy 31st birthday" like a new dining room!


Cheapskate breakdown:

Paint: $10
Curtains+curtain rod: $7 (from Wal-Mart on clearance a hundred years ago)
Dresser for extra dishes: $15 from garage sale+free Menards pulls
Art: $5 from garage sale for framed cafe scene picture, $15 or so for mat board, frames, and paint for dulcimer pictures
Sunshades: Luau party beach mats from Big Lots via a garage sale 50 cents each+magnets ($2) sewn in fabric pockets on back to hold them up on steel door
School desk: $12.99 from Goodwill
Other decorative stuff: (vintage canisters, silver tray, sparkling grape juice bottle, respectively) Free--Christmas gift, $1 at a garage sale, free from hospital, personalized with Little Girl's birth info)

=$68.99

Once I sell the table, I'm hoping to score a good deal on a kids' table as this is a multipurpose playroom/dining room for the time being.


No comments:

Post a Comment