Thursday, August 8, 2013

The ants go marching

We have an ant problem. A major ant problem. They are taking over the kitchen.

Now, if they were taking over the kitchen and fixing me some shrimp, tomato and spinach linguine and a side salad that would be nice. But otherwise, they are not welcome.

I've tried cinnamon because I heard they hate the smell. Apparently these ants didn't get the memo because they marched right through my cinnamon pile and kept going. I tried baking soda because I read that it's bad news for ants but not so much for 13 month olds who put everything in their mouths. No go. I tried diatomaceous earth but could only put it in places those 13 month old hands can't reach.

Last night it poured and usually the morning after a rainstorm is when the ants invade en masse. But this morning I woke up to something beautiful in my kitchen. A spider.

Normally I dislike spiders almost as much as I dislike ants. But when the spiders are feasting on the ants and thereby helping you take back your kitchen, I love them.

Good teamwork, spider.

No comments:

Post a Comment