Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Kindergarten lunches

She moved too fast for me to get a good shot so I'm going with the abstract artsy feel on this one.


Big Girl has been a kindergartner for a full week now. She has changed so much already (in good ways) and I'm glad I decided to send her to school. As a former homeschooler I wrestled with the decision between public school, private school, and homeschool and decided to give the public school a try. So far, it has been a huge blessing in her life.

So since she has broadened her horizons and challenged herself, I wanted to write a little bit about my challenge with myself in making her school lunches, since the gluten free thing is supposedly part of my blog. The main dishes this past week included:

hummus and tortilla chips
a turkey and cheese "sandwich" on Glutino crackers (highly recommend)
plain yogurt with some GF granola (used Trader Joe's but Bakery on Main also makes a great one)
a bean quesadilla (refried beans in a corn tortilla)
cubed cooked chicken (from a roasted chicken I made for dinner) with homemade honey mustard dip

Add some cubed cheese, various cut up fruits and veggies, and milk and she is good to go.

It's been a fun spin on the Adventure Breakfasts we tried this summer. I think everything has been a hit but she has a mostly non-picky appetite. Each week I'm trying to get even more inventive with my menus.

No comments:

Post a Comment