Sunday, April 13, 2014

Day 100: Socks!



How am I celebrating 100 days of buying nothing as little as possible new? By making socks (from thrifted yarn) of course!

This is not as easy as it sounds. After two hours, I have six rounds of what appears to be a tiny bag.

My husband, watching me struggle with several pointy needles, asked me in a paraphrase of a question of Big Girl's from a few months back: "Are you knitting for the war effort?"

(We listened to Molly: An American Girl on our last road trip and she later asked me if she could knit socks for World War Two soldiers.)

To which I replied: "If I started a pair of socks in 1943, they might get done in time for the Vietnam War."

I'm having faith and keeping at it though, in hopes that my feeble attempt will fit an adult human (preferably me).

If not, I'll add some handles and have the tiniest purse on record.


No comments:

Post a Comment