Friday, April 11, 2014

Days 93-98: I might make my own hamburger buns but my house is a mess

This is not the normal state of my house. I mean, it is, but only the parts behind closed doors. Usually.

My parents came to visit this weekend and my dad and husband spent a good part of Sunday afternoon tearing up the concrete slab under the downstairs bathroom shower. (Thanks, Dad!) We realized upon measuring that we have to remove a wall between the two upstairs bathrooms, meaning we can't take a one-at-a-time approach like we planned. Therefore, the downstairs bathroom has to be done first so that we can tear down the dividing wall upstairs and at least have one set of working plumbing. No outhouses for us, thank you.

I get discouraged sometimes reading homemaking blogs where the blogger seems to do everything perfectly. She sews her own clothes, engages in educational and spontaneous field trips on a weekly basis, and gardens all her food.

Me...well, I make my own hamburger buns. Sometimes they turn out okay. Other times they need butter and syrup to be recycled to pancakes.

I also have two great kids who are growing and learning just fine. One of them can sing the entire soundtrack to Frozen.

I have a husband who enjoys a nice date night of plastering drywall and ripping up tile. Fortunately, so do I.

I don't have homemade wreaths on the door or gourmet, home grown meals on the table, but I like my life just fine. Even the rubble that is my bathroom. Because it's all about growth and progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment