Monday, March 3, 2014

Day 59: Do you like my hat?

Almost done with month two of The Compact (a buy nothing new movement). Hooray! I can do this...

I mentioned last week that I was busy reading No Impact Man. This book had quite a--shall we say "impact"--on me.

I was thinking last night that I wear many hats. There's the eco-friendly hat, the money saving hat, the generosity hat, and the (more embarrassing) forget-it-this-is-too-much-and-let's-just-get-pizza-for-dinner hat.

Can one person wear that many hats without looking ridiculous?

I love Go Dog, Go!


Can all your hats line up perfectly every time so that you're able to accomplish all your objectives? Save maybe the give up and get pizza one.

One look at organic blueberries can answer that question pretty easily. Sure, they're good for the earth...but frugal? Not much. You can spend time looking for coupons to make healthy things affordable, but it  can become an obsession that takes away from your family time.

NIM seemed to manage okay for awhile (but even he didn't live that way long term--if it could even be done).

So I guess the point is to do the best you can in the ways you can--and not try to be everything at one time. It doesn't usually work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment