Saturday, March 29, 2014

Days 84-85: Yummus

Little Girl and I seem to have caught some bug that's been going around (at least that's what I surmise from Facebook). Sore throat, nausea, chills, and headache lead to a lack of getting much done (including blogging).

I recently discovered my affinity for hummus (Little Girl is nuts about it too). I bought it originally at Trader Joe's as a splurge for $3. Happily, I found it at Aldi a few weeks later for $2. Even more happily, I then came across a recipe in a magazine that costs less than $1.

Unfortunately I ripped out the recipe in such a way that I can't find the magazine name to give credit. It was a gluten-free specific magazine. I get an assortment of these as hand-me-downs from a friend who works at a grocery store. She gives me the outdated issues they don't sell.

Simple Hummus

1 (14.5 oz) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
2 Tbsp gluten-free tahini (I left this out since I wasn't sure exactly what it is)
1/3 c olive oil
1/4 lemon or lime juice
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1/3 tsp salt

Put all ingredients in a food processor (or blender, if you're me) and blend until smooth.

If I can track down dry chickpeas I'm going to do away with the canned version. I didn't see any at the grocery store but I was short on time so I'll take a closer look when I have time.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment