Friday, March 7, 2014

Day 63: This old house

Those who know me may be surprised to find out that I like to challenge the norm.

For example, I think it would be awesome to put bathroom themed pictures in the living room...kitchen posters in the bedroom.

Those people would likely be surprised because this rebellion is basically all in my head. For the most part, I follow the status quo. I guess I'm not confident enough in my own quirkiness yet.

Plus, answering the question "why do you have a picture of a toilet in your living room?" might get old after awhile.

I was surprised to find out that I've apparently done the living room all wrong. I get that you don't want it to look ridiculous but I kind of have an issue with all the math involved. This is decorating: a reflection of the personalities in the home. It's not freshman algebra.



So my area rug might be 27% smaller than it should be and my lamp might be four inches off in one direction, but I decorate with what I love. So there.

Besides, at least I'm compromising. Maybe my lamp isn't quite up to snuff, but I'm not hanging a picture of a bathtub in my kitchen. Real Simple would be proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment