Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Days 66-75: Well!



So I painted a bookshelf. And that's about it.

Well, actually that's not IT. Maybe as far as my goals were concerned, but in addition, I:

1. Did my civic duty and appeared for jury selection. I wasn't chosen for the jury but it was an interesting experience.

2. Attended the National Hearts at Home convention. I almost didn't go because I'm not really a crowd person, but decided it would be good for me. It was. I had a great time building relationships and attending classes to encourage and inspire me to be a better Christian wife and mom.

My wonderful husband stayed with the kids for 36 hours and did a fantastic job. I knew he would, but something has always scared me about leaving my kids for the first time.

After going over two pages of minutiae that I know instinctively but helps to write down for others (Big Girl has to take a leprechaun trap to school Friday, Little Girl drinks out of this sippy cup for meals but it leaks if you put it in the diaper bag so use this other one if you go out) I was on my way out the door.

"One more thing," I said. "There's a pineapple cut up in the fridge but if you run out, you'll have to cut up the cantaloupe yourself."

"We'll just have pineapple and bananas if we run out," he said, wide eyed at the concept of one more piece of trivia to keep track of. "I don't think I'll cut up a cantaloupe."

I'll admit that on top of leprechaun traps and sippy cups it might have seemed a bit much.

When I got back Saturday night, they were all bathed and fed (there was plenty of pineapple left over). Not only that, they had played outside a good portion of the beautiful day Saturday and gotten pizza and watched Charlotte's Web together on Friday night. The leprechaun trap made it to school, and as far as I know there was no sippy cup leakage.

Goals and plans are nice, but I intend to take a page from their book and enjoy my life (ironically the theme of the convention).

Maybe I only got one thing done this week, but there's no deadline.

This week, I tentatively plan to finish painting the entry way. If I get it done, great, but if not, there's always next week.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go cut up a cantaloupe.

No comments:

Post a Comment