Sunday, January 5, 2014

Day 2: spending nothing but time



Today, we, along with much of the country, are experiencing severe weather. Temperatures are in the 30's today but expected to drop to the negative teens tomorrow.

Church was cancelled so we spent the morning playing in the snow while the windchill is reasonable.

Four other families on our block were out as well. I joked that we should have the annual block party today since I saw more of our neighbors outside this morning than I see on any given day in the summer.

Our neighbor used his snowblower to plow our driveway. When we asked what we could do to thank him, he said he had gotten the machine for free so was just paying it forward.

I'm very blessed to have such kind friends and neighbors. Having moved from an area where we knew only one neighbor well, I love going outside and being able to greet most everyone I see by name.

I bought nothing today but gained an abundance of kindness and joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment