Friday, January 10, 2014

Day 7: Mmmm Mmmm Mung Bean

I recently discovered the deliciousness that is (are?) mung beans.**

**Blushing...sorry, Mom. I know you taught me subject/verb agreement at some point during my 12 year homeschooling career but I have forgotten and am too lazy at the moment to consult a grammar book.

Health food? Well, no.



But then again, aside from some additional vitamins and protein, spaghetti noodles aren't exactly a wonder food either. Not to mention that to people like me, they're significantly UNhealthier if I end up getting sick from them. I solved the lack of protein by stir frying with some pork and leftover veggies. To say I am scraping the bottom of my fridge after the snowstorm might be an understatement.

Mung bean noodles (also called sai fun) are unique but fun to cook with. There's something to be said for the novelty of eating clear noodles.

So give mung beans a try. You might hate them but then again, you might find a new vehicle for stir fry when you are totally burned out on rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment