Friday, January 31, 2014

Days 25-27: That's one small step for man, about a billion steps backward for this Compactor

Day 25: Still trying to clean out my inbox. Came across such gems as this: "Congratulations. You're 33 weeks pregnant!"

Um, no. No, I'm not. I have no idea why I decided to save that email for posterity but it has since been ruthlessly deleted, along with "one day only!" coupons from March of 2011.

Now that I'm down to single digit emails, I'm staying on top of things.

Day 26: Dead car battery. On the downside, it was out of warranty and I had to buy a new one. On the upside, I found a nickel in the parking lot of the auto parts store. So it wasn't a total loss.

Day 27: After a lot of thought and number crunching (and my husband's convincing), I broke down and bought a Smart Phone. Our plan will remain about the same price point and in many ways, it's more beneficial to the family for me to have one rather than stand my ground against it. Keeping marital harmony=choosing my battles, folks.

I bought the phone on Ebay, and **thought** I was buying a barely used one. Turns out I bid on the wrong one and it's new. Hmm. Wishful thinking that since it's from an individual and not a company, it might be similar to buying a new item at Goodwill. Does that make it better?

Not giving up yet, although one step forward, seventeen steps back seems to be the motto this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment