Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Day 5: Starting to like my house

Now that the roads are (slightly more) clear, I'm not sure if I really want to leave. I've started to kind of like being snowed in. I did a major decluttering in several rooms and for the first time in awhile all the rooms got mopped at the same time.

Despite some rooms looking like this:


I really have a great house to get snowed into. Thankfully we have power, water, and plenty of food (in fact, except for milk and vegetables, I don't think I need to go grocery shopping anytime soon, even after the roads are safe). In addition to having everything we need, we have an embarrassing amount of stuff I'd forgotten we owned. Yesterday we unearthed several card games and old music CD's and Big Girl got the enjoyment of rediscovery. And let's face it, I had fun learning I play a mean game of Crazy 8's.

Also as pictured above, we have made lots of headway on our latest project: the master bathroom. This room is basically going to be put together from scratch. It will be lots of work but fun, if past projects are any indication.

No comments:

Post a Comment