Sunday, February 16, 2014

Day 44: Pacing myself

Big Girl is into Magic School Bus lately. And by "into" I mean, really, really crazy about it. She got an audio book from the library and has pretty much worn it out.


My first inclination was to check half.com or amazon to try and score used copies of the whole series. I used to love Magic School Bus! It's something we can share together! Hey look: there's a copy for a penny!

Wait a minute. Don't we have this thing called a library? (Obviously that's a rhetorical question since I know we have a library. That's where I checked it out in the first place.)

There will be so many interests that come and go. I love the fact that she loves reading. I love that she loves reading books I used to love reading. (Apparently I also love to use the word "love" as many times as possible.) But there's no need to own these things--at least not right away. I'm pacing myself in watching her interests develop and supplementing as necessary by borrowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment