Thursday, February 27, 2014

Day 55: How Pinterest saved my morning



I'm having a gaggle of kids over tonight.

Gaggle=five

I'm making chicken strips and macaroni and cheese and a vegetable for dinner. Admittedly, I'm not much of a fan of cheddar cheese sauces. They tend to harden or be so watered down with milk that they lack flavor.

But being the slowly-getting-there healthy cook that I am apsire to be, I don't have Velveeta in the house.

I was planning on admitting defeat and running to the store to pick some up (can't disappoint the gaggle, after all) when I happened to remember a recipe I pinned to Pinterest lo these many months ago.

It's not half bad, especially when made with sharp cheddar. I read the reviews and one stated it needed salt. After a perfunctory taste (yes, at 8 a.m.) I didn't find that to be true at all.

Thanks Pinterest, for saving me not only untold sodium but also my reputation with macaroni loving kids and a trip to the store.


No comments:

Post a Comment