Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Day 53: Bread of life

At the risk of sounding sacrilegious, I have a confession: Whenever I read the Bible sometimes, my mind automatically fills in qualifiers that aren't there.

"Land of (soy) milk and (sugar free) honey."

"I am the (gluten free) bread of life."

I didn't realize I was doing it until I was reading out loud and almost gave myself away. It has become such a habit when reading recipes that I guess I applied it to other areas of my life.

Then I started thinking this isn't so irrelevant (or irreverent) as I thought.

Mean thoughts, hateful attitudes, and selfishness have inflamed my brain and left behind a torn up, painful mess. Sounds an awful lot like celiac-of-the-mind. The good news is, we don't have to wait until we heal ourselves to find Jesus. We can find healing even for spiritual celiac disease.

John 6:35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.


No comments:

Post a Comment